Maneuvering furniture around the house would probably be more provoking if the products in question came with… straps. Designers Alessandra Mantovani and Eleonora Barbareschi took this crazy idea to another level when planning Mondana Bag, an unconventional stool for Italian company Riva1920. We don’t know about you guys, but we really enjoy the look of this seemingly playful item, even though it may not be the most comfortable chair in the world. Balancing conceptualization with versatility, this stool is definitely a “fresh” piece to display in a feminine living room with a twist.
According to the designers, the idea was to visually remove a common-use item (keep in mind that the handbag is considered an icon nowadays) from its natural context and combine it with wood, as a “homage to Pop Art”. Made of of solid cedar wood, the seat is naturally finished and outfitted with leather for a more genuine look. The monolith wood block inspires sturdiness, yet combines with the straps, it instantly gets a perky, exuberant look. Enjoy the photos and tell us what you think!
- Recommended For You
- When Steel and Oak Meet in Design: Noon Studio Steel Stool
- Perfectly Balancing Modern Living Needs: Empire Display Home
- Creative Chair Design: IKEA’s Dalfred Stool with Brooks Saddle
- Versatility shaped by distinct pieces: TAble by Elda Bellone
- The Amazing Snake Bar Stool by Svilen Gamolov
- Supernatural Concepts for a Rocking Chair and Bar Stool
Want more stuff like this?
We’re on a mission to spread inspiring content far and wide.
Try our daily email and see for yourself!
By Lavinia in Furniture
- Mondana Bag