In case you didn’t realize it, Mother’s Day is just a week and a half away on Sunday, May 8! Although we’ll be celebrating the occasion with my mom while we’re at the beach next week, I couldn’t help but think about a few alternative ideas that are fit for moms everywhere as we inch closer to the ultra-sweet maternal holiday.
To help get your creative juices flowing, I partnered up with Memento & Muse founder, Melinda McKee, to share a giftable box worthy of the main lady in your life. I had the chance to peek inside the Memento & Muse ‘Day Brightener’ box, and all I can say is this: prepare to have your day brightened!
Again, I love that this box is called the ‘Day Brightener’ because there’s really no better way to describe it. Even before I actually opened the box itself, my mood was lifted tenfold because of the pretty ribbon detailing, dried flower bundle and custom tags on the outside. But then I tore into the goodies hidden away inside and couldn’t stop smiling. I believe there may have even been a few audible ‘Oh’s’ and ‘Ah’s’ for good measure, too.
It’s easy to appreciate how lovingly each and every item (think: organic tea tin, lemon sugar cookies, natural body scrub, soy candle) was selected for the box, and I can tell you that receiving this gift was most definitely the highlight of my week. Can you just imagine how your mom would react to opening something as lovely as this beauty on her special day? Scroll on for a few other gift box ideas that all aim to please mom.
3 Mother’s Day Gift Box Ideas:
- A framed recipe card with your favorite recipe of hers written on it, plus all the ingredients needed to make it.
- Her favorite brand of tea in multiple flavors, arranged nicely in a mason jar, with a pretty patterned notebook and pen so that she can make notes about her favorites.
- A bottle of wine, classic chick flick movie (ex. The Parent Trap, When Harry Met Sally, Pretty Woman), pair of fuzzy socks, and a new throw blanket.
Today is actually the last day to use standard shipping in the Memento & Muse gift shop in time for delivery by Mother’s Day, so don’t delay. All DGD readers (i.e. you!) can use the code musemothers5 for complimentary standard shipping, so hop through to Memento & Muse and choose the perfect gift for mom—she deserves it!
10 of the Best Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for Your Mom
Hey all! Irene here, Creative Content Producer at Brit + Co. I’ve always thought my mom was awesome (yes, even during those angsty teen years), but I didn’t fully understand how awesome she was until I graduated college and was on my own. It was then that I realized an obvious truth: Being an adult is hard… and I was only trying to take care of myself! Moms are cooks, maids, career women, teachers, and chauffeurs. Let’s face it; moms rule.
That’s why, for Mother’s Day, we teamed up with Studio Ink to show you how to treat your mom to show her how much you appreciate her. We rounded up 10 of the best gifts you can get your mom on this special day! Read on.
1. Take a bread-making class together. No one can turn down a homemade loaf of bread fresh from the oven. Sign yourself and your mom up for a bread-making class as a fun and educational weekend activity. A bread-making class, or any cooking class for that matter, is especially great because you get to eat what you make. I did say this was the *best* Mother’s Day gift guide, did I not?
2. Send a thoughtfully written card. Some of the best gifts you can give are your words. Write out all the reasons you love your mom in a card you picked out specifically for her. Studio Inkhas an awesome collection of funny, cheeky, and authentic cards that definitely sum up the many reasons to celebrate moms.
3. Gift Mom brand new kitchen supplies. You know those kitchen products that are so pretty but cost a little more money than what you would normally pay? If your mom is the practical type, she’d probably settle for the cheaper — AKA more practical — model. Mother’s Day is not about practicality! Treat your mom with some beautiful kitchen gadgets that will add more whimsy and fun to her day.
4. Share a dim sum brunch. Brunch is a total staple of Mother’s Day. If you normally do pancakes and waffles, change this tradition up by doing a dim sum brunch.
5. Clean up. Okay, we know cleaning the home isn’t the most fun gift to give your mom, but it may be exactly what she wants. Take a day to do chores that your mom normally does, or do chores that your mom has been meaning to do — like washing the curtains or cleaning the dryer vent. Moms work 24/7 on the reg, so let’s give them a little break for a change.
6. Go on a chocolate tasting tour. Some chocolate stores offer tasting tours to the public, and if there’s one near you, you should definitely take advantage of it. If not, see if there are any wine tasting or cheese tasting tours around you.
7. Set up a home spa. If your mom prefers to stay in on Mother’s Day, set up a home spa for her to chill out and relax. Draw a bubble bath with candles and bath salts and set out magazines and fluffy slippers. To go above and beyond, DIY your own Bath Bombs for an extra luxurious touch.
8. Give plants in planters. Plant a cactus or succulent in a pretty planter so your mom can add a touch of nature at the office or at home. If you’re feeling crafty, DIY some elegant cement and gold planters to house your plants.
9. Fill a coupon book for continued adventures. Moms definitely deserve to be pampered and treated for more than one day a year. Print out this free coupon book to stuff in your Mother’s Day card as a promise for more fun to come. Write a coupon for a hike together, or sky diving lessons, a movie night, or breakfast in bed. The best part is that you can customize the coupons to her personality!
10. Offer your listening ear. While you should definitely shower your mom with gifts on Mother’s Day, it’s also important to remember that the one thing your mom may really want is to just talk to you. Take the day to slow down, make some tea, and ask your mom questions. There’s probably a lot you don’t know about who your mom was before she had you.
You’re on your way to making Mom’s day!